Monday, September 17, 2012

Personal Soundtrack

Everyone should have a personal soundtrack. Bill Cosby mentions in some of his early routines that "the monsters can't get you if you have your own music" and Keenan Ivory Wayans gets his own soundtrack at the end of "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka!"  I loved making mix-tapes (anyone else remember those or am I just old?) and still rip mix-cd's from my MP3 player. Some songs seem to make it onto nearly every tape/cd, others rotate in and out.  Here's a random list of 'my' songs for your amusement:

1. Nobody's Girl- Bonnie Raitt

2. Damn Your Eyes- Etta James

3. Tonight Is What it Means To Be Young- Fire Inc (from the Streets of Fire soundtrack)

4. Whenever I Call You Friend- Kenny Loggins & Stevie Nicks

5. The KKK Took My Baby Away- The Ramones (remind me to post the toll collector story someday)

6. You Never Even Called Me By My Name- David Allen Coe

7. Friends Don't Friends Dial Drunk- Plain White T's

8. Twilight Zone- Golden Earring

9. The Reflex- Duran Duran

10. Something of a Dreamer- Mary Chapin Carpenter

11. I've Done Everything For You- Rick Springfield

12. Friends in Low Places- Garth Brooks

13. I Feel Lucky- Mary Chapin Carpenter

14. Love Don't Roam- Neil Hannon (from the Doctor Who soundtrack)

15. What Makes You Beautiful- One Direction (ok, so that's a new one)

16. Enter Sandman- Metallica

17. Dragula- Rob Zombie

18. Fallen Angel- Poison

19. Headed For a Heartbreak- Winger

20. The Way That I Am- Martina McBride

21. I Drove All Night- Cyndi Lauper

22. She's In Love With the Boy- Trisha Yearwood

23. I Know Him So Well- from the original Chess soundtrack

24. Meaning of Life- Faith Hill

25. Save Up All Your Tears- Cher


This is by NO means a complete list  (obviously) and as soon as I hit publish on this I'm sure I'll think of another dozen songs that should have been included, but it gives you an idea of how eclectic my tastes are. (and how weird I am, but if you've been reading my blog, you probably already had a good idea of that) What are soem of the songs you'd include on YOUR personal soundtrack?

No comments:

Post a Comment