Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Relax- You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left: Loretta LaRoche

Relax - You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left: Using the Power of Humor to Overcome Stress in Your Life and Work


Yes, I read a self-help book. It wasn't my idea- the shrink I have been sent to (thanks to the psycho I work with) recommended it. This was better than most, but still not my ideal choice of reading material. Loretta LaRoche gives suggestions for way the reader can reduce their stress level by looking for the humor in stressful situations. There were a few helpful suggestions and some great one-liners.

One of my favorite sections was about people who play the "ain't it awful"/one-upmanship game. To quote:

I have the worst headache today.

I've had five headaches.

Ok, you win. You get 5 bottles of aspirin and a trip to the neurologist.
*********************************************************************************************************

Coming soon- I'm going back to fiction reviews, and possibly a few on DVD's I've been watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment