Sunday, March 30, 2014

Why isn't it Spring yet?!?

So, we've still had winter weather this last week. Seriously? Where the hell is my Spring?!? I want my violets! I want to be able to wear sandals outside without my feet turning blue. I want... a million dollars and an evening with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, but I'm more likely to get the Spring weather first.

Anyway, it was so bad a couple of weeks ago, that Mom & I decided we needed to make our own spring. My contribution was this pie, also known as Spring on a Plate:

Ruthie Belle's Famous Citrus Pie
3 egg yolks
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 cup lemon or lime juice (fresh squeezed is best), divided
1 graham cracker pie crust


Preheat oven to 325*
Beat 3 egg yolks in a mixing bowl.
Add 1 can sweetened condensed milk
Add 1/2 cup juice, Blend together.
Add another can condensed milk and another 1/2 cup juice and blend.
Pour mixture into graham cracker pie crust.
Bake for 20 minutes.

Refrigerate before serving. Serve in thin wedges as this is really rich & sweet. A dollop of whipped cream (preferably unsweetened) is good.

I do not suggest using orange juice as pie will be VERY sweet. A gingersnap crust would make a good alternative for the lemon version.


Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment