Friday, March 20, 2015

Foodie Friday: Ree Drummond's Butterscotch Pudding


Ok, I'm back on a dessert kick. I think. We'll see what turns up on next week's installment, but in the meantime, here's today's deliciousness!

Butterscotch Pudding

Prep: 1 hr Level: Easy
Cook: 10 mins Serves: 6

Ingredients

1-½ cup Brown Sugar, Light Or Dark Is Fine
¼ cups Cornstarch
½ teaspoons Salt
3 cups Whole Milk
4 whole Large Egg Yolks (discard Or Save Whites For Another
Use)
2 Tablespoons Butter
Unsweetened Whipped Cream



Preparation


Gently whisk together the brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium
nonstick pan.
In a separate pitcher or bowl, whisk together the milk and egg yolks.
Pour it into the pan with the brown sugar mixture and stir to combine.
Turn on the heat to medium and cook, stirring gently, until the mixture
just starts to bubble up/get very thick. (This can take a good 10 minutes
or so.) When it reaches pudding consistency, stir in the butter until
melted, then remove it from the heat and spoon it into bowls, glasses (be
careful; mixture is hot), demitasse cups, etc. Chill the pudding for at least
1 hour or until very cold.
Top with unsweetened whipped cream and serve!


I love Pioneer Woman. I've tried several of her recipes and she hasn't let me down yet. I didn't think I even liked Butterscotch pudding until I saw this and something kept drawing me back to it. Serves 6 is optimistic, the way I serve dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment