No review this week- am quite a bit behind on everything. So here's a list of things that have kept me from reading or are just cluttering my brain.
1. The IRS strikes again, so I won't be going to BEA this year after all. They claim I still owe them money, despite documentation to the contrary, so I expect we'll be fighting that out for a bit. Yay.
2. I have had more migraines in the last six months than I have for six years. Am not enjoying them at all and they can go away at any time. The smarter officers have learned that if I'm wearing my sunglasses in the office, trying to be funny is NOT a good idea. (today's symptoms include light sensitivity, sound sensitivity, dizziness, nausea, and unrelenting pain. This is a step up from Monday, which included auras and fainting, yet my boss still tried to make me come in until it was pointed out that he'd be violating our union contract by denying my sick day request)
3. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (on top of migraines) seriously sucks. My house is in desperate need of cleaning/organizing and I can't get it done. I'm almost to the desperation point of asking my mother to help me.
3a. Laura & I went to the Needle Nest on Saturday to check out the new patterns from the Nashville Needlework Show. We had lunch & shopped, and were gone for maybe 4 hours. That was enough to wipe me out until Sunday afternoon. (The migraine kicked in late Sunday night) However, I did get some fun new stitchy stuff, including this little guy for keeping track of my needles:
3b. As a result of being worn out from my brief excursion, I still haven't gotten my Mongolian Bacon. Waah. Mom has promised to get me some for lunch one day this week IF I can drag myself out of bed early enough to meet her there before work.
4. My beloved high school BFF, Drew, signed me up for a Facebook group for our 25th reunion. OMFG- 25 years. What amused me is that most of the people listed on the group page were in the class before us or didn't go to the school at all. Too bad that I still don't give a shit about most of those people. I kept in touch with the small handful of people that I cared about and have NO intention of participating in this lunacy. Remind me to kill Drew later...
5. Got these t-shirts in the mail this week:
I love Woot Shirts and it had been almost a year since I bought any. These 2 were too good to pass up.
I think that's about it for now. More later...