Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Could Pee on This and other poems by cats- Francesco Marciuliano

I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats


Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....THUD.

That was me laughing so hard I fell out of my chair. The poems in this small collection aren't epic works, or highbrow enlightenment. What they are is almost exactly what I would expect a cat to say if it could write poetry. The following two exceprts are from the book and not by any means my own work. I suspect, however, that my cats had a hand in writing them.

Kubla Kat

“On the edge of a laughing teacup

Did Kubla Kat decree

The the corn fritter festooned with medals

Shall make the brownies free

And so the walls turned to water

To let our sorrows drown

As the chairs burned themselves for warmth

So they need not face the clown

Then the spoons burst into song

And all the forks they understood

As I stared at my talking claws

Becasue this catnip is just that good”       and   Busy, Busy   “It's 8a.m. and time to rest

It's 10a.m. and time to relax

It's noon and time for repose

It's 3p.m. and time for shut-eye

It's 6p.m. and time for siesta

It's 9p.m. and time to slumber

It's midnight and time to snooze

It's 4a.m. and time to hang upside down from your bedroom ceiling, screaming.”

No comments:

Post a Comment