Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chocolate: The British Chocolate Industry (Shire Library)

After Gail Carriger recommended the tea book reviewed a few weeks prior to this, I searched out some of the other books in the Shire Library Series. How could I resist a book about the history of the chocolate industry in Great Britain? It's a very brief, but informative little book. I had no idea that the Kit Kat bar orignated in England! I just assumed it was an American invention. That tidbit, and many more are included. There are loads of pictures of early advertisements, a brief look at modern chocolatiers in the UK, and a list of references for anyone wanting to know more about chocolate and its history. My only problem with this book? I'm out of chocolate and REALLY want some now!

No comments:

Post a Comment