Monday, April 25, 2011

Poetry Monday

Today's poet? Edgar Allan Poe!


A Dream Within A Dream


Take this kiss upon the brow!


And, in parting from you now,


Thus much let me avow-


You are not wrong, who deem


That my days have been a dream;


Yet if hope has flown away


In a night, or in a day,


In a vision, or in none,


Is it therefore the less gone?


All that we see or seem


Is but a dream within a dream.






I stand amid the roar


Of a surf-tormented shore,


And I hold within my hand


Grains of the golden sand-


How few! yet how they creep


Through my fingers to the deep,


While I weep- while I weep!


O God! can I not grasp


Them with a tighter clasp?


O God! can I not save


One from the pitiless wave?


Is all that we see or seem


But a dream within a dream?













No comments:

Post a Comment