Monday, November 19, 2012

Things I Like About Winter

1. I get to sleep under 500 blankets. I don't know what it is about sleeping under a ton of covers, but having the weight of blankets on me is very comforting. Odd, considering my minor claustrophobia, but there you have it.

2. I get to wear my flannel PJ's and fuzzy slippers

3. My asthma symptoms almost disappear in the winter months.

4. Hot Chocolate!

5. Hot Spiced Cider!

6. It's finally cool enough to bake without dying of heat exposure in my little kitchen.  (Weight loss tip 5833- I tend to take most of the goodies to work or give them to friends so I don't wind up eating an entire rum cake or batch of cookies by myself. )

7. Comfort food! Thick chewy homemade noodles in broth, creamy casseroles, roast beef and baked ham.

8. The calm quietness that fills the air after the first silvery snowfall blankets the ground.

9. Wrapping up in a comforter on the couch and having a sleeping cat snoring softly in my lap while I read and sip hot tea.

10. All the pert skinny little bimbos who pranced around in skimpy clothing the rest of the year now have to cover that shit up. HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment