Thursday, December 22, 2011

Get Away From Me With Those Christmas Gifts, and Other Reactions

I first stumbled over this little book as I was working as a shelver in the main branch of the New Hanonver County Public Library during high school. The title caught my eye and I had to take it home and read it. The title story as well as a chapter where Sylvia tries to recount how she came to create a recipe and one where she has a dialogue with the voices in her head while cooking are the reasons I have read and re-read it. Imagine my delight when I discovered that my library in Louisville has a copy! I make a point of checking it out once or twice a year just to keep it in the collection, in the hopes that someone else will find it the way I did! I can't find a cover illustration, but here are some images from when her writing was featured in Harper Magazine. (via Google images)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment