Sunday, September 4, 2011

Yarn Harlot- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter (Kindle Edition)


This book made me laugh out loud. Change the subject to Cross Stitching, and I could have written it myself. The mentions of people not understanding the fascination, building/keeping your stash, unfinished projects, overestimating how many projects you can do in a limited amount of time- all are familiar to any type of crafter.

From Goodreads: Over 50 million people in America knit. The average knitter spends between $500 and $1,700 a year on yarn, patterns, needles, and books. No longer just a fad or a hobby, knitting has advanced to a lifestyle.  (now ask me how much I've spent on cross-stitch stuff already this year. On second thought, don't. It's scary.)


No comments:

Post a Comment