Monday, August 22, 2011

Poetry Monday

somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond



by E. E. Cummings






somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond


any experience,your eyes have their silence:


in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,


or which i cannot touch because they are too near






your slightest look easily will unclose me


though i have closed myself as fingers,


you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens


(touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose






or if your wish be to close me, i and


my life will shut very beautifully ,suddenly,


as when the heart of this flower imagines


the snow carefully everywhere descending;






nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals


the power of your intense fragility:whose texture


compels me with the color of its countries,


rendering death and forever with each breathing






(i do not know what it is about you that closes


and opens;only something in me understands


the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)


nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands






 
 
*I loved the show Beauty & The Beast. So much that I even bought the soundtrack, mixed with music and Ron Perlman's deep melodic voice reading assorted poems. This was one of my favorite tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment