Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Goodbye & Good Riddance to 2019


So, yeah, that tablet wasn't worth squat. I take that back- it was great for all kinds of games that I wasted far too much time on.

So, 2 years later, here I am again. What's gone on?

Lost several aunts and uncles.

Lost a couple of officers.

Lost my beloved Nightshade kitty.

Worst of all, I lost my Daddy 2 days before his 86th birthday.

2 days after his Louisville memorial service, I had my left knee replaced.


Ok, so that last item is a positive thing, although it didn't feel like it at the time. The first week was agony and I thought I had made a terrible mistake. Then, amazingly, I started seeing progress EVERY SINGLE DAY and now I'm nearly pain free for the first time in YEARS. (we're doing my right knee in another year or two. My left HAD to be done when it was because I had taken a nasty fall and shattered my kneecap) A series of visits to a chiropractor in 2018 fixed my back problems. I now don't know how to handle not being in constant pain. #firstworldproblems?

Still working on the diet/weight loss issues. It's getting better now that I can actually move without hurting myself.

Boo kitty has turned into my new cuddlebug. He's in disgustingly good health for his age and the vet tells me that I will probably have many more years with him. Which is good, because I'm not ready for any more losses. Mom has been put on notice too- She's not allowed to die unless it's because I've snapped and killed her. LOL

And that's where we are now. There's plenty more drama, but I'm going to ease my way back into blogging and save some of it for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment