Friday, November 13, 2015

Foodie Friday- Roasted Cabbage With Mushrooms and Bacon


When I was a child, my mother could rarely get me to eat cabbage. It's still not really my favorite, but I have come around to eating it more readily than I did in those days. This has become a preferred method of preparing it for me!

Roasted Cabbage With Mushrooms and Bacon

Ingredients:
1/2 large head cabbage, tough outer leaves removed
8 ounces mushrooms
6 slices bacon
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions:


Preheat your oven to 425°F.
Cut the half a head of cabbage in half, then slice each half into thirds, ending with six slices of cabbage. Place onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Trim the stems off of the mushrooms and cut them into quarters. (If you prefer larger pieces of mushrooms, only cut them in half). Fill in the spaces around the cabbage slices with the mushrooms. Cut the bacon into 1/4-inch wide slices. Top the cabbage and the mushrooms with the little bits of bacon. Drizzle the cabbage, mushrooms, and bacon with the olive oil, and season with the salt and pepper.
Roast for 15 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage slices with a spatula and continue to roast for 15 more minutes, or until the cabbage and mushrooms are as crispy as you like.

Yield: Serves 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment