Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Stop The World, I Want To Get Off...


Nothing really new & exciting here. I'm still killing myself at work. My house is still a disaster. So is my car. Still trying to get the thyroid hormones leveled out, and I have another scope to see how much more damage my acid reflux has caused.

Dr B thinks I should cut out caffeine. After I stopped laughing, I told him I would try to cut it DOWN, but out was NOT an option. I kept my word- I'm back to drinking more tea than iced coffee, and the coffee I do brew is a 50-50 mix of my favorite dark roast & decaf. In related news, my energy levels have dropped further & my insomnia is back with a vengeance.

An absolute miracle occurred 2 Sundays ago. DAD, the man who never wants to do anything with us, actually went and saw Hidden Figures at the theater with Mom & me. He sat through the whole movie without fidgiting or complaining and even said he liked it afterwards! It was a good movie & I'm sick that Taraji P. Henson didn't get nominated for an Oscar for her role. She was fantastic. They all were.

I decided not to go back onto Facebook just yet. I think I'm going to hold out for a whole year off. I still miss some of my friends, but there's no doubt that going dark has preserved some of my precious remaining sanity.

Ta ta for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment