Monday, July 21, 2014

If I Were To Be Interviewed By A Woman's Magazine...(as stolen from Gail Carriger) **now with corrected spelling!**

20 Questions from Marie Claire Magazine


What food is on your kitchen counter?
A partial loaf of white bread, a bottle of olive oil, and a tin of cat food

What is the best gift you've ever received?
My mother took me to London for my 32nd birthday present, and we spent the actual day on a side trip to Bath & Stonehenge

What is your fantasy vacation itinerary?
An extended tour of Great Britain & Ireland.

What can you not miss on TV?
I don't actually watch much TV. I am looking forward to seeing the new show, Gotham, when it debuts this fall, assuming my coworker actually lets me watch it. otherwise, I wait until things come out on DVD and binge watch.

What is the best advice you've ever been given?
Hmmm. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, maybe?

What movie do you think has the greatest ending?
Romancing the Stone. I love how Jack surprises Joan at the end with a scene straight out of one of her romance novels.

What is on your perennial to-do list?
Cleaning my kaza-flatching house.

What is on your bookshelf?
An inch of dust and too many books per shelf. LOL. Lots of fantasy/sci-fi, mysteries, and a TON of British themed books. Oh, and comic collections.

What is on your feet right now?
A pair of heavily worn Dr Scholl's brown leather sandals

What is you go-to karaoke song?
I don't sing in public unless everyone I'm with is too drunk to remember it. However, under those circumstances, I have been known to belt out Garth Brooks' "Friends in Low Places."

What is your beauty secret?
Lip balm! Lots of lip balm.

What should every woman try at least once in her lifetime?
Lord, I have no idea. Red lipstick?

Do you have a secret talent?
I can pick up just about anything with my toes.

What makes you laugh?
silly animal antics, British comedy, Improv style comedy

What makes you mad?
stupidity, passive-aggressiveness, people who try to screw me over and then play the victim.

What charities do you support?
Cancer, literacy, & animal charities. And the local food bank

What splurge is well worth it?
400+ count cotton sheets. OMG, love mine. Also, thick bath sheets.

Do you have an pet peeves?
Far too many to list. The current list toppers are people who say "I don't want to interrupt you" and then do just that, anybody who pulls out in front of me on the interstate and then slows down for no reason, and being second-guessed

How did you make your first dollar?
Babysitting, followed by being a page at my local library.

What's the one thing you wish you'd known when you were younger?
There is no such thing as financial security and you should really learn how to manage finances before going out on your own. Also, credit cards are the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment