Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My DVD addiction is in full swing

No review this week. Instead, here's a look at 5 sets I've got waiting to be watched:

Grimm: Season One

Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season

Ok, these 2 aren't a shock to anyone familiar with my fairy tale obsession.

Castle: The Complete Fourth SeasonMMMM, Castle. I want Nathan Fillion for Christmas, FYI.

Demons - Season One - 2-DVD Set ( Demons - Season 1 ) ( The Last Van Helsing ) [ NON-USA FORMAT, PAL, Reg.2 Import - United Kingdom ]Ok, so this veers close to fairy tale territory...

QI - Series One - 2-DVD Set ( QI - Entire Series 1 ) ( QI XL ) [ NON-USA FORMAT, PAL, Reg.2.4 Import - United Kingdom ]I've heard that this is the best quiz show ever. The clips I've seen on YouTube are terrific. Plus it stars 2 of my favorite Brits, Alan Davies & Stephen Fry, with guest appearances by many other favorites. Can't wait to watch it!

Whites - Season 1 ( Whites - Season One ) [ NON-USA FORMAT, PAL, Reg.2 Import - United Kingdom ]

So, I lied. One mini review. Alan Davies as a chef?!? Ok. Sadly, only one season was made of this one. Alan is a narcissistic chef in a country hotel restaurant. Think watered down Gordon Ramsay meets watered down Anthony Bourdain meets Jamie Oliver on the skids. The supporting cast are what make this so interesting- and the talent show episode is a hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment