Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Carl Warner's Food Landscapes

Carl Warner's Food Landscapes

I found this via Ree Drummond's website. (http://thepioneerwoman.com/  if you've never been there, go and check it out- I adore her!) Being a food lover as well as a lover of the offbeat, I waited impatiently for my library to get a copy of it in. (I'm trying to be good and not buy books on a whim.) Finally got my reserved copy and I have to say it was worth the wait.  It's not just a collection of the pictures, Carl has added the story behind each one and gives the thought process on how each masterpiece was created. He also includes a listing of what each piece is made of- I turned reading the book into a game and tried to see how many things I could identify before looking at his listing! Naturally, the London piece is one of my favorites, but all of the 'landscapes' Carl Warner has created were fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment